- Kirk, H. (2019) Cooperation and Creed: An Experimental Study of Religious Affiliation in Strategic and Societal Interactions. Cambridge Working Papers in Economics CWPE1995
- Kirk, H.R., Lee, K. & Micallef, C. The Nuances of Confucianism in Technology Policy: an Inquiry into the Interaction Between Cultural and Political Systems in Chinese Digital Ethics. Int J Polit Cult Soc (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10767-020-09370-8
- Kirk, Hannah & Gupta, Shriyam “The Mediation of Matchmaking: A Comparative Study of Online and Physical Dating Markets in China”, Preprint submitted to China Quarterly, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “Does Technology Break with Tradition? The Endogeneity of Culture and Digital Infrastructure in Post-Reform China“, Published in the Yenching Review, 2019
- Kirk, Hannah “Classical Art with Chinese Characteristics: Pastiche and Parody as a Post-Modernist Form of Cultural Identity“, Working Paper, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “Discounting the Future and the Environment: An Experimental Study of Cross-Cultural Differences in Hyperbolic Discounting and Pollution Perception” , Working Paper, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “Playing the Guanxi Game: Particularistic Network Structure and Innovation in Chinese Firms”, Working Paper, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “In Algorithms We Trust? Religious Bias in Machine Learning”, Working Paper, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “Big Dating for Social Discovery or Social Entrenchment? Diversity of Mate Preferences in the Age of Algorithmic Matchmaking”, Working Paper, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “A New Tool for Chinese Learning? Recognition of Learner Handwritten Character Mistakes Using Deep Neural Networks”, Working Paper, 2019.
- Kirk, Hannah “Comparative Chinese Online Sentiment towards AI: A Multi-Corpus NLP Approach“, Working Paper, 2019
- The Economist Open Future Essay Competition: Kirk, Hannah “All Under a Warming Atmosphere’: What Chinese Ancient Philosophy Can Teach Us About Collective Climate Change Policy“, Awarded Prize for Longlisted Finalist (summary of competition)
- Digital Civilization Conference Competition: Kirk, Hannah “Knowledge as Power: A New Approach to Data Rights“, Grand Prize Winner, 2020.
Comments on China’s Macroeconomy
A series of articles written using Chinese macroeconomic data (Kirk 2018)
- Chapter 1: “An Investigation into China’s GDP and GDP Deflator“
- Chapter 2: “An Investigation of China’s GDP Composition“
- Chapter 3: “An Investigation of China’s Q3 GDP and the Predictive Power of its Leading Indicators“
- Chapter 4: “An Exploration of ‘News-Based’ Surprises on Macroeconomic Variables“
- Chapter 5: “Food, Fuel and Future Price Expectations: China’s Inflation Trends from 2016 to Present“
- “Supervised Machine Learning: Classification and Regression in R“, Virtual Tutorial for LWT x RLadies Beijing (July 2020)
- “Mapping Connections: Network Analysis and Visualisation in R” , Virtual Tutorial for LWT x RLadies Beijing (May 2020)